Copyright © 2012-2020: Flying For Home & Red Zephyr Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Statement | Staff & Credits | Terms Of Service
Use of this site signifies your understanding of and agreement to the Terms of Service.
Courage is how much heart a horse has to win. This is determined by a hidden Heart trait and is assigned at birth. There is a max of anywhere between 1 and 10 for each horse. Unmaxed Courage is shown as yellow stars, which turn green once Courage is maxed. Courage will increase in importance as a horse races in larger fields. It is also more important in Steeplechase races.
You can improve Courage, both current and maximum, by:
• Trail Ride may improve current Courage year-round (if Courage isn’t maxed)
• Track/Trail Rides during offseason (Maximum)
• Buddy Workouts
• Yearling Buddies if assigned. (Current Courage)
• Buddies with the Bromantic trait can improve maximum Courage (yearlings) and help current Courage increase in BWs (racers)
• A Jockey with the Dauntless trait (may improve maximum Courage.)
• Certain special items
Horses also have a chance of improving Courage during Races. These gains are based on a horses age. So for instance; a 2 year old racer will have higher chance of gains then a 3 year old racer, a 3 year old racer will have higher chance of gains then a 4 year old racer and so on.
Please keep in mind that most of these methods do not guarantee that a horse will improve current/maximum Courage, it is simply a chance unless otherwise stated.
Consistency is how well a horse behaves in races. It is assigned at birth based on the horse's temperament gene, and has a max of between 1 and 10 for each horse. Unmaxed Consistency is shown as yellow stars, which turn green once Consistency is maxed. A horse who is inconsistent may act up in races, or run well some days and not other days. A horse with high Consistency will run the same most of the time. Low Consistency can also affect how your horse trains and may end up causing training refusals.
Consistency, both current and maximum, can be improved by:
• All regular training can increase Consistency (After 4th training skill)
• Buddy Workouts
• A Yearling Buddy if assigned. (Current)
• Track/Trail Rides during the offseason (Max)
• Buddies with the Bromantic trait can improve maximum Consistency (yearlings) and help current Consistency increase in BWs (racers)
• A Jockey with the Even Stevens trait.(may also improve maximum Consistency)
• Special items
Please keep in mind that most of these methods do not guarantee that a horse will improve current/maximum Consistency, it is simply a chance unless otherwise stated.
|Thanksgiving Turkey||Give the Thanksgiving Turkey to raise maximum Courage and Consistency. Can only be used on horses 4yo+. Can only be used on a horse once in it’s lifetime. It’s an excellent item for horses which have naturally low Courage and/or Consistency which you want to improve for one reason or another. This is a craftable item.|
|Space Stories||Space Stories will improve current Courage. Can only be used on horses 4yo+. Space Stories can be helpful for horses which have not reached their maximum Courage at time of use, or horses which have been given a maximum Courage improving item beforehand. This is a craftable item. Note: This item has now been retired.|
|Carrots||You can feed a carrot to your horse to improve its current Consistency by 1-2 points. Can only be used on horses 4yo+. It is not craftable, so this item might be something which you are sure you want to use before applying.|